I offer a full range of research services. Each project is unique and services are customized to meet your individual requirements. If you need a service that is not listed, please ask.
One-on-one sessions to review and guide your research
Indexing of society journals and/or family histories
I travel to various repositories to secure document copies
I have extensive experience as a DAR registrar
I can help you research, record and document your family’s history
Can’t read the old handwriting? Let me transcribe the text
Working with Me
- Research objective: It is important to develop a focused research objective. You may have several objectives but only one question will be researched at a time.
- Previous research: To prevent duplication of work previously done by others, please provide all information you have on this research subject. This includes family group sheets, pedigree charts, religious affiliations, known places of residence, dates and places of birth, marriage, death, and other significant life events, sibling information, summaries of previous research, notes on previous sources researched, etc. Include copies of all records you have found (census, land, church, vital records, etc.).
- Agreement: I will send you a basic research agreement that specifies the research objective and the number of hours of work you are authorizing. I recommend no less than ten hours of research.
- Deposit: A signed research agreement and a 20% deposit are required to place your request on the waiting list. Deposit funds will be applied towards research fees.
- Additional costs: Copies, parking, postage, repository research fees, and tolls are billed at cost.
- Mileage: Mileage for local travel (within 35 miles of my home) is not charged. Beyond that, mileage is billed at the current IRS rate.
- The report: You will receive a fully-cited report, via email in pdf format, with copies of all documentation and recommendations for further research. If you need a paper copy, additional charges will apply.
Questions? Please don’t hesitate to contact me.
As a member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, I adhere to the APG Code of Ethics.